in some studies to improve:
- Circulation and Blood Flow
- Heart Health
- Joint and Soft Tissue Health
- Eye Health
- Skin Condition
- Reduce Inflammation
- Protect against circulatory diseases including coronary heart disease and diabetes
Age-related diseases are a growing concern world-wide. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) has been shown, in some studies, to help combat degeneration by contributing to the regeneneration of tissue and blood vessels. HBOT stimulates the development of new blood vessels in areas of the body where circulation is compromised and is utilized by some physicians to help treat Coronary Heart Disease, Macular Degeneration, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Arthritis and immune related diseases. Additionally, HBOT helps promote collagen activation to help battle the signs of aging including skin damage and elasticity.
Clinical studies have demonstrated the benefits of HBOT for age-related degenerative conditions by providing cellular aid to all organs in the body to promote health and beauty.
- Circulation and General Blood Flow: Stimulates the formation of new blood vessels, combats & prevents circulatory diseases including coronary heart disease and diabetes
- The Heart: improves oxygenation to cardiac tissue, reduces risk of heart attack, improves heart muscle functioning after heart attack
- The Brain: stimulates the creation of new brain cells, promotes the creation of new brain connections, improves memory and reaction time
- The Joints, Soft Tissue, & Bones: enhances treatment for arthritis, accelerates healing, reduces inflammation and pain, improves mobility and stamina
- The Eyes: helps combat age-related macular degeneration, reduces compromised blood flow to the retina, moderates glaucoma symptoms
- General Health: increases energy levels, promotes the creation of new stem cells, decreases risk of infection, reduces stress and anxiety, supports the immune system
- The Skin: reduces excessive skin damage from ultraviolet radiation exposure, promotes collagen production and maintains skin elasticity, improves wound healing and reduces scar formation
Study: Skin Damage from Ultraviolet Radiation Prevented with HBOT
- A study published in 2012 focused on the effects of HBOT preconditioning and its protective properties against Ultraviolet-A (UV-A) induced skin damage. Three groups of hairless mice were exposed to UV-A, three days a week for 22 weeks, with two of the groups receiving HBOT pretreatment either two or four times a week. UV-A exposure amplified skin cell death, signifying elevated levels of skin damage. Pretreatment with HBOT substantially reduced UV-A induced cell death. In addition, HBOT pretreatment prevented skin creasing and maintained skin elasticity.