Can I Really Heal Faster and Cut Months Off My Recovery Time with HBOT?
(Not always. It Depends.)
In some instances Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) can accelerate and enhance healing from surgeries and wounds.
For example, in 2010, ninety-four diabetic patients with severe foot ulcers were divided into a placebo and treatment group. The treatment group healed up to six months faster, and showed a significantly larger effect size over the sham treatment:
From Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Facilitates Healing of Chronic Foot Ulcers in Patients With Diabetes
Will it work for me? New evidence supports HBOT as a practical treatment to help improve rates of healing in many cases, but each condition needs to be dealt with individually. Please talk to a certified hyperbarics specialist about your condition.
Did you Know? HBOT is currently used by some of the U.S. Olympic Teams to treat sports-related injuries. These physicians use high pressure oxygen to help their patients obtain a full recovery from various accidents and debilitating injuries.
How does the Body Heal Faster with Hyperbaric Treatment?
Faster Recovery from Surgeries:
- accelerates and enhances healing
- reduces inflammation for optimal pre-surgical conditions
- reduces risk of infection
- stimulates the creation of new stem cells
- decreases hospital time
Accelerated Recovery from Sports-Related Injuries:
- increases collagen production
- reduces inflammation and pain
- faster and better recovery from sprains tears and bone fractures
- stimulates the creation of new blood vessels
- enhances recovery from medial collateral ligament (MCL) and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries
- decreases susceptibility towards re-injuring target areas
- rapid recovery from concussions and head injuries, improves brain scan results
Amplified Recovery from Intensive Training:
- accelerates healing from muscle strain
- improves blood flow
- increases energy levels
Enhanced Stem Cell Activity Regenerates Tissue:
- Activates nitric oxide synthase type 3 (NOS-3)
- Proliferates and mobilizes bone marrow derived stem cells
- Improves engraftment and differentiation of several progenitor cell types in organs such as the spleen, bone marrow, brain, peripheral nerve, pancreas, cartilage & heart
- Increase in colony-forming cells & Stimulation of stromal-derived growth factor
- Promotion in endothelial growth factor-2 for angiogenesis
Increased CD34 expression & pluripotent stem cells to Enhance Healing from Disease & Injury:
- Accelerates growth & repair of damaged tissue
- Improves tissue regeneration & organ functionality
- Promotes neurogenesis
- Stimulates osteogenesis
- Ameliorates diabetic symptoms
Will it work for my condition?